Letter I Left...

 Letter I Left For You On The Kitchen Counter


the landlord knocked on your door this morning

i didn’t think i had a place to answer 

because you weren’t home

 again


i think the kitchen ceiling has been leaking

i put a few pots on the counter 

to catch each

drip

  drip

      drip

that has been falling

it reminds me a lot of my thoughts about us lately

though i can’t seem to catch

or keep

any of those


my new ugg boots

(the ones you bought me last winter)

are still sitting in the box

at the very back of my closet

reminding me i’ve yet to give you

a real present in return

it’s a lot colder here

than back home

and i wonder why

i still call home

somewhere where

you’re not 

i know we’ll spend this weekend together

probably lay in bed until noon

although i still find it strange to lay in your bed with you

i have a habit of laying there when you aren’t home

i can still smell your cologne on the sheets

i’ve been thinking about how

you always pronounced my name wrong

over the phone

when we started this rendezvous

and now i wonder what else 

you forgot about me.

Comments

Popular Posts