Keep The Things You Forgot

They say the human brain will replay memories from your life for 7 minutes after you die.

as your brain is releasing its last ounces of dopamine, melatonin, and serotonin

the first minute will be remembering your birth 

the second will be your first memories of feeling genuinely happy

the third will be of your first love, and continued romances

the fourth will be every sad and lonely moment you had

the fifth will be each miracle you experienced

the sixth minute will be your judgment on yourself

and the seventh, last minute before your heart finally quits

no one knows what happens during this minute

but i have promised myself

this minute will be fully yours

you are the last thing i want to remember

before my brain tells my heart

to beat so fast it kills itself

and it’ll remind me of each time

you made my heart beat in the same way.

Comments

Popular Posts