Taylor Swift and Layers

 Today not only did The Tortured Poets Department by Taylor Swift come out. (Very exciting!!!)

But my internship is also performing poetry and displaying art at the Snowbird Mountain Coffee in Newport, TN. Our performance is called "Layers".

I am performing my poem "A Blank Canvas"

This poem is not only important to me because it's my first poem I'm performing for a poetry show, but also because it's main subject is surrounding my PTSD. 

This poem has really helped me to open up and understand myself a bit better, along with teaching me to be more comfortable with performing my poetry. In one of the most vulnerable ways. Speaking my truth.

Today is a very special day to me.

I will be posting a copy of the poem here on the blog tomorrow, so remember to check that out!


Comments

Popular Posts