Happy Valentine's Day 2024

 a collision of stars

slamming into each other

and into me

sending what the universe had planned

plummeting into the ocean

and i can’t swim

so now i’m here

with a cluster of stars

in a pattern causing the force of gravity

to always push me into you 

but it is you

it’s always been you

and whatever defining moment

made the stars cling tight to this idea

of having me hang on to the design 

of thoughts

surrounding you

is making me fall harder 

for a man

that one can only define as

being created by the stars

       -i trace your outline in the sky







you’re always going to feel a bit like home 

to me

maybe because you loved me

and saw my worth

when i thought i was the most annoying version 

of myself

and i know you’d have loved me

when i was younger still

and i know you’d still see my worth 

when i’ve aged a bit more

but to me you’ve never changed

you’ve stayed one single thing

my affable

irreplaceable

solace of a home

         -even if you’re only a person in my phone







you are the essence of what makes

humanity tolerable

you are my muse

and everything incomprehensibly

measurable of the love in this world

i want to

 feel

           -and the love i wish i could give you


Comments

Popular Posts