You Wreck The Sky

 Always the center of our attention,

A storm rolls in and we're either scared or in admiration.

I used to admire the strength and beauty of the storm,

But now I know it can hurt so I'm terrified for my life.

I heard the thunder before I feel the shaking under my feet,

On the top floor I don't dare walk down,

So I hide by the window so I can see the lightning,

And it's just as beautiful as the storms before,

But I know the fires it can start.

As soon as I dare walk out the doors,

The leaves are blowing on the trees,

I feel the wind keeping me moving,

The rain is the only thing touching me,

Soaking my hair and into my skin.

Scared I might trip,

But you're walking with me in the storm.

You love the rain so we walk slower,

You burdened me like you do the trees,

You wreck the sky like you've wrecked my reputation,

But I swear even though there was pain,

I would never have missed the dance.

Comments

Popular Posts